Love avocados but wish they had more protein? Ever find yourself wishing you could dip tortilla chips into a guacamole loaded with protein? This guac recipe is delicious and easy to make, and you can serve it at parties or at home for a quick snack.
1 bell pepper
1 jalapeno pepper
1 red onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
3 ripe avocados
1. Chop up the peppers, tomato and onion. You’ll probably only want to use half of the onion as too much can overwhelm the flavor.
2. Mince the garlic. We recommend 2 cloves, but if you’re a garlic lover, feel free to use 3 or 4.
3. Chop the cilantro into small pieces.
4. If you’re using ripe avocados then this part should be easy. Cut the avocado in half and throw away the pit. You can push out the green insides by squeezing the outer skin of one half until it falls out – this is the quickest way to skin it.
5. In a bowl, add the avocado and mash with fork until it is mostly smooth with some chunks. You can also do this with a mortar and pestle.
6. Add the chopped veggies, garlic, salt and cilantro to the ground avocado.
7. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the lime juice directly from the lime (or you can do this separately in another bowl first to avoid seeds).
8. Stir all the ingredients together until as evenly distributed as possible. Once you add the Instapro it’s ready to serve!
9. Tear open a packet of Instapro protein powder and pour into the guacamole. Stir around with a fork until the powder is dissolved.
*Each packet of Instapro has 7 grams of protein and 45 calories, so add as many individual packets as you think are necessary. A good rule is to add one packet for each serving – if you plan for the guacamole to feed 2 people people then add 2 packets of Instapro. Or if you really want a boost then add 4! It’s up to you.