This traditional pancake recipe changes it up so that you can enjoy homemade pancakes with that added boost of protein.
Pressed for time? Skip all of these steps and add Instapro Natural Instant Protein Powder to a boxed premade pancake mix for similar results.
Flour – 2 ¾ cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Baking Powder – 3 Tbsp
Sugar – ½ cup
Eggs – 2
Vegetable Oil – 5 Tbsp
Milk – 2 cups
Vanilla – ½ tsp
Butter, cooking spray, or shortening (to grease the pan)
Instapro – 4 packets (one for each serving)
1. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together in a bowl.
2. Beat the eggs and add to the bowl along with the milk, vanilla and oil.
3. Use a whisk to mix everything together until the clumps disappear.
4. Add the Instapro. Tear open packets and pour into the batter, then mix around. Each packet adds 7 grams of protein, so if you want more protein then just add more packets.
5. Warm up a frying pan over medium-low heat
6. Coat the pan with cooking spray or butter so the pancake doesn’t stick. If you’d prefer a crispier pancake, add shortening in place of butter.
7. Once the pan is hot, slowly pour out the batter onto a frying pan.
8. When the pancake starts to bubble then it’s time to flip it over. Cook on the other side for about the same amount of time. Finish up and serve with syrup or topped with fresh sliced fruit.
Order your box of Instapro today
Have instant protein packets delivered to your door, and start fortifying your family’s diet with protein.